In Thailand, there are several types of visas available for individuals depending on their purpose of visit and duration of stay. Here are some of the common types of visas:
- Tourist Visa (TR): This visa is suitable for individuals who wish to visit Thailand for tourism purposes. It allows for a stay of up to 60 days, which can be extended for an additional 30 days at a Thai immigration office.
- Non-Immigrant Visa (Non-Imm): This is a general category visa that covers various purposes such as business, employment, education, or retirement. Some specific types of Non-Immigrant visas include:
- Non-Immigrant B Visa: For individuals conducting business activities, working, or attending conferences/seminars in Thailand.
- Non-Immigrant ED Visa: For students enrolled in educational institutions in Thailand.
- Non-Immigrant O Visa: For individuals with Thai family members, retirees, or those accompanying family members working in Thailand.
- Business Visa (B Visa): This visa is specifically for individuals who intend to conduct business activities in Thailand. It allows for a stay of up to 90 days, which can be extended for one-year periods.
- Work Permit Visa (WP): This visa is required for individuals who have secured employment in Thailand and obtained a work permit. It allows for a stay of up to 90 days, which can be extended upon obtaining a work permit.
- Education Visa (ED Visa): This visa is designed for individuals who wish to study in Thailand. It is issued to students enrolled in educational institutions and allows for a stay of varying durations depending on the course of study.
- Retirement Visa (O-A Visa): This visa is for individuals aged 50 years or above who wish to retire in Thailand. It allows for a stay of one year, renewable upon meeting certain financial and medical requirements.
- Elite Visa: The Elite Visa is a special long-term visa program offered by the Thai government. It provides privileged services and benefits to individuals who invest in the program, including a multi-entry visa valid for up to 5-20 years.
- Smart Visa – The SMART Visa is a special type of visa introduced by the Thai government to attract highly skilled professionals, investors, executives, and entrepreneurs to work and invest in targeted industries in Thailand.
It’s important to note that visa requirements, application processes, and conditions may vary, and it is advisable to consult with the Thai embassy or consulate in your home country for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding specific visa types and requirements.
Interesting Reads :
- What are the Do’s and Dont’s in Thailand
- Top 10 most popular trade between USA and Thailand?
- What you should consider before doing business in SE Asia
- How to do business in Asia when you are not based in Asia